Hobnail, you make me happy

Friday, June 26, 2015

I know I'm weird, but simple little things make me happy. Hobnail is one of them. Maybe because it reminds me of pretty vases in my mom and grandma's homes.
 This blue setting is fromTarget. It coordinates with my all white serving pieces.



This tumbler is from Crate and Barrel. Potterybarn and West Elm also have acrylic outdoor hobnail items.




This beautiful punch bowl set is from Duncan and Miller. Perfect for a bridal shower or ladies lunch.



I found this on Pinterest, by David Bromstad. Love the opaque color



Alittle history on hobnail if you are interested. The design got it's name from studs or projections on sides of glass. A hobnail is a large headed nail used in bootmaking. In 1935, Fenton Art Glass Company made the first hobnail pattern on a lamp base and it all expanded from there.
White milk glassware is highly collectible and is considered the Signature line.
Hope you enjoy hobnail as much as I do, haha .

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!