Style maker- Barri Leiner Grant

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

As a kid I remember loving to look at pretty settings.  Whether it was a window in a department store or a beautiful home pictured in a magazine.  I would sit and look at the rooms featured over and over and sometimes I would cut out certain pages and pretend they were rooms in my pretend house. Lol. I can still remember my dream kitchen when I was 11. I guess I was a weird kid.
I was reading Better Homes and Gardens, currently, although I did read it when I was 11. Again, weirdo, I know. Anyway, I came across this awesome photo stylist, Barri Leiner Grant.
She works with leading architects, photographers, and interior designers to help style and personalize their spaces. Companies will hire her to take a product and showcase it in creative ways such as  on Pinterest boards and catalogs.
I just love her thoughts on decorating.  Many points are my way of thinking as well. She compares decorating to putting on your make up. Love that she likes imperfect over flawless. In real life nothing is perfect. You can work hard to make a space awesome but once real people live in it, it may be totally imperfect, who cares.
She believes rooms are always evolving. Barri recommends choosing a signature color, as she did for her front door, a vibrant green. She then carried it thru the home in little pops of color.
She urges, don't be dragged down by decorating rules.  If something catches your eye, go for it. It will make the space your own.
Advice I follow, add alittle sparkle to every room, with a metal as an accent. Just like gold or silver earrings would do for an outfit. Finally, she says she concentrates on the smallest details that are unexpected for a room, I love that.







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!