Can not screw up this apple pie

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. We did. My sister in law and brother in law hosted the holiday in their beautiful and cozy home in Maryland. Big group of us and so much fun.
My husband loves this apple pie I make. The recipe is from my other sister in law on the Craig side of our family.  She is Debbie Craig, too. Two of us out there. Lol. She is blonde and I am not, haha.
Ok so here is the recipe.
I always buy the pills bury pie crust. Let it sit on counter as you prepare the filling.
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash salt
6cups sliced apples. Machintosh, Rome, tart variety
2 tbsp margarine or butter
Heat 425 degree oven
Mix everything but the apples together along with 1 tbsp margarine
Stir in apples, winds up being 6-8 apples. Sometimes my pie is filled pretty high.
Set one pie sleeve on the bottom of 9" pie plate
Fill with Apple mixture, then rest of butter in shavings on top of mixture
Cover pie with second crust sleeve and pinch top n bottom together.
Cut thin strips of foil and cover crust for first 30 min.
Make a few slits in the top of the pie for steam to escape. You can be fancy with little cookie cutters.
After first 30min take foil off and continue to bake til juice bubbles and pie is alittle brown. Total bake time is 40-50 minutes.
I also set the pie on a tray in the oven so if any juices overflow they won't make a mess in your oven.
Top with ice cream or I like So delicious cool whip, coconut whipped topping.
Enjoy!






No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!