How to make the most of a small backyard

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

My oldest son decided he wanted to build an outdoor bar at our home. He did all the preliminary work and then somehow my husband became a partner in the construction. I am including a few photos but it looks so much better when people are enjoying the space on a warm summer evening.
He decided to name it Gil's, thinking of a chubby middle aged balding man with a moustache and sitting on a raft. I think the thought process was that we are near the beach, fish have gills and so Gil can be a mascot of sorts.  Been searching for a company that will make cocktail napkins with the name and mascot. Lt. me know if anyone can do it for me.
If you look closely at the Bar top you will see coasters. My daughter made these out of tiles, beer labels, and epoxy for shine. They look great and there is such a variety.
I will post a picture on IG and source everything there. I still need to add accessories but I wanted to share pictures of what we have so far.
We had part of the backyard set with pavers and then lined the fence with trees.
Back up to last summer. My son in law was tired of me complaining about not having a table to eat outside. So, he made a picnic table for my husband for Father's Day. It is great. Seats 6-8.
He also made a giant Jenga game out of the leftover wood.
When you see the photos, you will notice the shed. My husband made a seating area and coffee table in that space. There is a TV in there for Met, Yankee, Giants and Steelers games. I found cushions and pillows to make the space alittle cozy.


  














No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!