Grandma Camella's Pizza bread recipe

Monday, October 23, 2017

Wanted to pass along my Pizza Bread recipe. Well, not My recipe, it's my grandmother's that was passed down thru the years. It is easy to make and great for tailgates, a good snack to make for your college student, of course a big favorite as an appetizer to bring to a party or serve at your next get together.
I make a simple sauce and keep it warm
I buy the dough. You can find in the dairy section of most stores. I buy two bags of dough as two pies fit on one baking sheet.
Take the dough out of the bag and put in a bowl and cover so it can rise
After it rises, spread out on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper. As I said, two fit on one large baking sheet. Form into two rectangles and make little indents in the dough for the sauce to hang onto.
Preheat the oven to dough package directions.
Let rise a bit more in the baking sheet
Spread sauce onto the dough,not too much. Then spread a generous amount of grated Parmesan cheese.
Insert into oven and watch it often as to not over cook.
After it's done let cool and then cut with pie cutter. I just love this @Williams and Sonoma pizza cutter. It sits at an angle that doesn't dig into the pie.
Enjoy!




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!