XO - You can do it too

Friday, January 19, 2018

Simplest Valentine DIY decor. It really can be done on many different letters and numbers. The XO is cute for an engagement or wedding decor idea. My daughter and son in law will be married a year soon but I still love thinking and working with wedding and shower stuff.
So here I bought hard cardboard letters at Hobby Lobby. There are a few sizes and also numbers and symbols to choose from. Of course if you want the letters to stand up very sturdy, you can use letters made of wood.
I also bought the moss,with a sticky glue backing. Hobby Lobby too.
I then cut the sheet of moss to wrap around the letters. Doesn't have to be perfect, and cut the moss before you remove the backing.  Very sticky. The moss is messy so put down a sheet or be prepared to vacuum after the project is complete.
That's it. As you cover the letters the moss blends together.
As I said you can place them on a shelf, or a centerpiece with flowers or candles, you could wrap twinkly lights and set the letters in greenery , so many options.
I decided to tie them to the wreath I love on my front door and then I added a simple red ribbon for Valentine's Day.




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!