Tuesday, October 29, 2013. REDO, REINVENT, and REUSE

Monday, March 2, 2015

So as I was tripping over my "stuff"in the garage, I spotted a mirror that used to hang in my dining room. A lightbulb went off in my head and I decided to use the mirror in a different way.
The holidays are approaching and even if we don't have extra cash for decorating, there are plenty of ways to update a space that you ll be entertaining in with friends and family.



So this was the mirror, gold and black and not what I needed any longer in my dining room, it has been sitting in the garage for 4 years. 



Cover the frame with painter's tape.



Chalkboard spray paint is applied to the area that has the mirror on it. Follow the directions on the can, I did a layer and then let it dry, and then applied another coat.

After the chalkboard paint is dried, cover the area and paint the frame. I did a flat white color.
Ta-Da..mine will be hanging in the kitchen and will announce the latest meal I have prepared. 
You can do it with an old silver tray. This could sit in a holder on a buffet and you can write a holiday menu for your guests to see as you sit down for a meal. The one I'd is large, but a smaller version would look nice by a bar, listing drinks you are making for the night. Possibilities are endless.




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!