Sunday, April, 21, 2013. Let's think about the space Outside your home

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Now that the weather has been alittle bit more "spring like", let's start thinking about the space outside our homes..
I've been working on styling my porch, but until it is complete, I wanted to mention a few items I've found to share with all of you.
Wisteria.com has some unique doormats.
I haven't seen Suzani used on a doormat, and thought you might like to see it too..$34.00


This sand dollar may is done in muted blues and creams, also from Wisteria.com and $34.00
I like to cook with fresh herbs, I saw this great idea the other day. It was a container garden but a "salsa" garden. You can grow everything you need for a delicious salsa in this one pot. I serve salsa all summer long with chips and guacamole and Skinny girl cocktails.
Here is what you can do.
Start with a container, if it has a hole cover it with broken clay pot pieces or that mesh lining. Fill the container 3/4 with potting soil. Add the plants. I like cherry tomatoes, which would probably be the largest plant so center it in the pot. Next, add what you like for your salsa. Peppers, hot chili peppers, cilantro, chives, onion, scallions. Make sure it gets about 8 hours of sun a day. Here are a few 
containers I found.






this one is a rustic metal container from Target.com




Sort of difficult to see in the photo, but this one is copper from 
Smithandhawkins.com.



Here is the marbalized  container with a different shape. This one can sit nicely on a porch ledge or a deck ledge.




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!