Wednesday, September 12, 2012. Painted Furniture

Sunday, February 8, 2015

My daughter and I ran in the ColorRun a few weeks ago and so I was inspired to talk about color and that got me thinking about paint..I am easily distracted , as you can see...So then I thought about painted furniture...Thought I'd share a few pieces that I have given new life to over the past few months.
This was my nephew's dresser with a few coats of green paint on it. I sanded the dresser and took off the gold knobs. 

















I painted the dresser a matte navy and cream.  I added a knotted rope for handles. The room is going to have a nautical beach vibe. 




This piece was part of an antique dining set that was really dark cherry wood. I had painted it a distressed white and then decided on a green, that is a color in one of the throw pillows on the sofa. So this is the "Before".




This is the "After"..I went crazy trying to find replacement handles, but decided I liked the original ones the best. The cabinet sits below a flat screen tv and the components for the TV are inside the cabinet.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!