Tuesday, December 18,2012 Holiday Decorating Ideas, Continued...

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

With a heavy heart I write this post, in light of what has happened in Newtown, Conn. The unimaginable has happened and there are no words to describe what those families are dealing with at this time. I am so blessed to have three children of my own, and I count my blessings each day. I only hope in time the families and the entire community of Newtown, will find peace. With that being said, I would like to share two items for your holiday decorating. When the world around me gets crazy, for whatever reason, to whatever degree, I always look to peaceful, safe place, and decorating that for me.


Ok so last week I talked about wreaths hanging from curtain rods. Here I did three small gold wired wreaths, hanging from green wired ribbon. The wired ribbon is alittle more expensive but so much easier to work with and it lays better. You can add little berries or faux ice sticks to these if you like. It decorates a small space without taking up floor space or room on a coffee table.






Here is our family tree. It is not a perfectly themed tree as you might expect. It is a mosh mosh of home made ornaments my kids have made thru the years, and so many other ornaments that we gave bought on trips we took, or friends and relatives have given to one of us. As a tradition, I give my husband and each of my kids an ornament that represents something from the past year or something that reminds me of them. There are so many ornaments..What traditions do you enjoy? I would love to hear about them. I love Christmas!  



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!