Tuesday, February 19, 2013. Kitchen Update

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Hey everyone..hope your week is going well. Wanted to share with you pictures and some advice I gave to a friend on a renovation project for her kitchen. The homeowner is someone I have known for years and I worked for her a few years ago when we were both Southern Living At Home consultants. She has great style and and eye for design.



Love, love the fireplace in a kitchen. My friend asked if the fireplace should be painted. I said a 
big YES! Whitewash it . I also would do a mantle. 









The popcorn ceiling was being refinished. I suggested that the cabinets be painted white and new hardware. 





This hutch is in the kitchen but on a separate area from the fireplace and the cabinets. I like the idea of a marble top, paint the piece a darker color and change out the hardware. If you do a marble top, or another material that will stand up to water, you can use as a dry bar.








A different view of the room. The table is a wood stained top and black legs. The chairs are black wood. Once the cabinets are painted white I would evaluate whether the hutch would look best in all one tone, maybe a black wash and black granite, to keep consistent with the rest of the counter tops. 


The island has a black granite top and is painted a green color. I will keep you posted on the progress of this awesome kitchen. This home is so great for entertaining. See you soon...









No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!